How could you not love this reading list?
- Arthur Conan Doyle. The Adventures & Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
- Rider Haggard. King Solomon’s Mines; Allan Quatermain; She (Published as a single volume)
- Alan Moore & Kevin O’Neill, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume I
- Alan Moore & Kevin O’Neill, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume II
- Alan Moore & Kevin O’Neill, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier
- Sax Rohmer. The Insidious Dr. Fu-Manchu
- Robert Louis Stevenson. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Bram Stoker. Dracula
- Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand
YearsLeagues Under the Sea (NB: “20,000 years” is how long it took to compile the book order.)
- H. G. Wells, The Invisible Man
- H. G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau
- H. G. Wells, The War Between the Worlds
My plan is to pretend as though the movie never happened. At all.
(And the rest of my schedule is: one course bought out through accumulated overload, a 300-level Victorian lit survey, a 400-level course on humanities computing, and a section of thesis-writing for the honors program. I heart the spring . . . though that could just be the lack of fall break talking.)